Finally, 2020 is gone for good and the holidays are over, too. However, during your celebrations, you may have accidentally stained your beautiful carpet. What can you do to see your carpet looking good as new? Fret not, red wine stains may not be as difficult to get rid of as you may think. Truth is, you can remove these stains by following carpet cleaning tips in Singapore. Here, let us show you how you can try to salvage the situation.
What quick home remedies should you do when you’ve accidentally spilled red wine on your carpet?
1. Sprinkle some salt overnight.
Spills on carpets are something we commonly dread to clean and if you’ve left the stain to dry, not to worry, it’s not the end of your carpet’s life. You can easily remove that wine stain with some salt, water and a cloth.
- If you’ve left the wine stain to dry, you can take some water to moisten the stain.
- After so, sprinkle some salt onto the carpet, enough to cover the entire stain.
- Leave the salt to sit on the stain for at least 24 hours.
- Once the salt turns pink, this means it has absorbed the red stain from your carpet. You may now take a spoon to scoop the salt off your carpet.
2. Treat stains with a vinegar solution.
Vinegar solution is commonly used as a whitening agent for your laundry. However, this one trick wonder also works well on carpets. Grab a bottle of white vinegar and dishwashing soap for this carpet cleaning solution!
- Mix a tablespoon of white vinegar and dishwashing liquid. Mix the solution with 2 cups of warm water.
- Spray mixture onto carpet and dab the stain with a cloth. As you dab, you’ll notice the stain fading.
- Once you barely see the stain, press a cold-wet cloth onto the carpet.This would help further absorb the stain from the carpet.
3. Soak it with hydrogen Peroxide mixture.
You read it right! You see, hydrogen peroxide is not only used as a mild antiseptic to clean wounds. It can be also used as a mild bleaching agent to clean stains off your carpets. However, you have to be extra careful using it as excessive usage of this may cause discolouration.
- Squirt a small amount of hydrogen peroxide and dishwashing soap, and mix well.
- It is always good to test the solution on an inconspicuous area of the carpet first
- Apply the mixture onto your carpet and dab it gently.
- Let it soak for a few seconds until you see the stains starting to wear off.
- Spray some cold water afterwards and blot dry with a cloth.
4. Pour boiling water to wash out.
If you want a less complicated and time consuming solution, you can simply pour boiling water onto the stain. Ensure that you do this a foot above the stain to prevent the carpet from getting taut. This will wash the red wine stains out of the carpet.
Do you want more carpet cleaning tips on how to remove red wine stains?
At Presto Drycleaners, we would be pleased to give you more carpet cleaning tips in Singapore. We would also feel glad to answer your questions about how to keep your carpets fresh and clean for a long time. Thus, in any case, you need help related to your carpet, do not hesitate to give us a call at +65 6354 3277 or email us at email@example.com.
If you already tried our carpet cleaning tips, let us know the result. You could either tag us on our Facebook page or leave a comment down below.