Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Service
Disclaimer: Presto assumes no liability for any defects which are not identified by our staff upon handover of your items due to possible human error. Our inspection process is unable to capture all defects on your garments.
- These terms and conditions constitute the agreement between you (the ‘Customer’) and Presto Drycleaners Pte Ltd (‘Presto’) for the provision of services by Presto. Use of our services constitutes your acceptance/agreement of these terms and conditions and you agree to be legally bound by them upon drop off.
- The following terms & conditions of service are applicable for our list of services which include (1) Alteration Service (2) Laundry Service (3) Dry Cleaning Service (4) Carpet Cleaning Service (5) Curtain Cleaning Service and other services provided from time to time by Presto to the Customer.
- For all services, we exercise utmost care in processing articles that are entrusted to us and processing each article using method that is best suited to the fabric nature construction and condition.
- We cannot assume responsibilities for inherent weaknesses or defects in materials that are not visibly apparent prior to processing. This applies particularly, but not exclusively to suede, leather, silk, satin, double-face fabric, vinyl, polyurethanes.
- We cannot assume responsibilities for changes in texture, running of dyes, appearance of stains, spots, fading, discoloration, old stains, ripping/tearing of fabric, hidden defects, nap distortion, water marking, pre-existing conditions (visual or non-visual) or any other defects on cleaned article/s which may occur due to weak and tender fabrics that is beyond our care methods.
- Only upon receiving full payment from the Customer, we will begin to perform the required services.
- Payment for all services provided by Presto shall be made in full in advance, on the date of drop off of uncleaned items by the Customer.
- We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 2% per month on any amounts not paid in advance until the date that the payment in full has been received by us.
- Any ornaments or special buttons on articles must be removed by the Customer before sending for cleaning. Responsibility is disclaimed for trimmings, buckles, beads, buttons, belts, shoulder pads and sequins etc.
- Presto do not guarantee stain removal for all stains and Presto would not be held responsible for stains which cannot be removed that is beyond our care methods. Full payment for our services will still be applied when stains are not removed completely.
- Curtains and sofa covers may have a probability of shrinkage, weakening and tearing after cleaning. We are unable to determine if this will happen or the extent of shrinkage/tear should it happen. This is a natural reaction as certain fabrics are not pre-shrunk or are weak due to prolonged sun exposure and Presto will not be liable for such damage as it is not within our control.
- Alteration service provided are based on the measurements provided at the time of the Customer’s first fitting or measurement provided over the counter. Any changes in Customer’s measurements after the first fitting or instructions which cause additional or different service(s) to be performed will be subjected to additional charges.
- For alteration services, a tolerance of 2 cm shall be applied to the pattern measurements that relate to the manual measurements. Cut out fabric will be recycled unless customers specifically request otherwise.
- In the event of loss by fire, any other loss or damage to the article due to negligence for which we may accept liability, without prejudice such liability shall not exceed ten(10) times the rates charged for processing the article. For claims, the original receipt must be presented, and such claims shall be deemed not exceeding S$150.00 or whichever is lower, unless the value of the article is declared in writing on the receipt.
- Any article whose value is declared by the Customer, exceeds S$150.00. The rate charged for cleaning the article will be ten percent (10%) of the declared value, otherwise normal rates apply.
- The article, whether partially or completely damaged, must be retained by us upon full settlement of claim unless otherwise agreed by Presto.
- All articles must be claimed within two (2) weeks from the deposit date of the receipt. All unclaimed articles will be disposed after the expiry date unless otherwise specified at the time of depositing the articles for processing.
- Customer is to check the number of articles indicated, otherwise Presto count shall be accepted as correct. In case of discrepancy in the count, and if the Customer is not available to verify, our count must be accepted as correct.
- All articles must be inspected and Customer’s dissatisfaction, if any, shall be made known to Presto at the time of collection. Presto shall not be responsible for subsequent complaints.
- For our home delivery services, please allow 4 working days from the ready date indicated on the tax invoice/contract with proper and complete delivery address and contact number, otherwise, articles should be personally collected from the respective outlets.
- By submitting your personal data, you understand, acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be used to: provide services and products, process transactions, provide customer service, better understand customer needs, make special offers or promotions to you by email, telephone and for marketing purposes.
- The purposes listed in clause 21 may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).